Monday, December 10, 2012

EAT YOU RIGHT UP

Blogging? Oh right, that thing that I used to do more than once every few weeks? I remember. These photos have been waiting in Iphoto since Thanksgiving. Yes, Thanksgiving. In between basting the turkey, my sister Kathryn took some photos for me so that I could show off the coolest blouse I found at the Salvation Army. It basically is a recipe book, but on a blouse. I can make Anise cookies, date bars, fruit cake, and oatmeal cookies simply by looking on my shirt. I wish I could say that I made some of these treats for Thanksgiving, but that was definitely not the case since you could find me laying on the couch from a food coma by eating whatever came my way.I do not want to give you the impression that I'm not a baker. Quite the contrary I have been busy baking a ton recently, experimenting with carrot cake,muffins, perfecting my pumpkin pie, and most recently learned to make baklava with Jeramy's Greek Mom. Something about baking in the cooler months just makes sense and keeps me from complaining about how cold I constantly am in the winter, since I can be found huddled by the oven baking up a storm wearing sweatpants, a giant cardigan, and L.L. Bean "wicked good" slipper moccasins. Don't let these photos fool you.
THANKSGIVING
THANKSGIVING

5 comments:

  1. Great blouse, nice to see you again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so good to see another post from you! that blouse is awesome. i didn't know anise cookies were a thing but they sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing find! That top is great. I'm not trying to be weird, but you are so strikingly beautiful, and have an amazing sense of style. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete